Anna Hopkins-Arnold, PhD (Biology) is a Professional Genealogist in Durango, Colorado. She has been researching her own family tree since the fifth grade. She got serious about family history research in 1995, began online research in 1999, began helping others in 2003, and opened Rootfinders Genealogy Research in 2011. Click here to learn more about Anna’s genealogy research experience, her teaching experience, how she applies her skills as a biologist and engineer to genealogy, or how growing up near Santa Fe, NM and living in the multicultural Four Corners region gives her unique insight into tracing Four Corners, New Mexico, and Colorado ancestors.
There are many reasons to hire a professional genealogist. They tend to fall into three categories:
- You seek the advice or expertise of an experienced Professional Genealogist
- You need local expertise and experience in the Four Corners Region
- Your group wants a Speaker or you want a private Tutor
1. You seek the advice or expertise of an experienced Professional Genealogist
- For original Family Tree Research, or Verify Family Tree Information, and Prepare it for publication or distribution to descendants or relatives
- To help you get past a “Brick Wall” in your own genealogy research
- To advise you on how to use DNA testing to help solve a family history mystery, decide which test to take, and how to interpret results.
- For a “Maker Report” or “Owner Report” about an antique item or a “Historic Property Report” for a historic home, building or ranch property
- For help tracing migration of families across the US or back to their countries of origin. I have traced Irish, Scottish, Scotch-Irish, British, Canadian, Swedish, German, and Japanese immigrants back to their countries of origin.
2. You need local expertise and experience in the Four Corners Region
- Your need “boots on the ground” Local Research in the Four Corners (including all three San Juan Counties (in Utah, Colorado and New Mexico) and Archuleta, La Plata, and Montezuma County in Colorado). RUSH Service available. Click here for Forensic Research Services.
- You need a genealogist with knowledge of the Local History of the Four Corners and the San Luis and Rio Grande Valleys. As a New Mexico native and Colorado resident, who has lived more than twenty years in each state, I know the colorful history and changing geography of colonial New Mexico, territorial New Mexico and Colorado, and the post-statehood history of both states.
3. Your group wants a Speaker or you want a private Tutor
- See our Catalog of Classes and Workshops offered,
- Call Anna at 970-945-4876 to ask about a Custom Class for your group or one-on-one Private Tutoring in genealogy research methods (live or online).
- Check our Calendar for scheduled classes and workshops in Durango, Bayfield, La Plata County, and the Four Corners region
Contact our Genealogist or Call 970-946-4876 Today to see how Rootfinders Genealogy Research can help solve your family history mystery and preserve and pass on your unique family history. Click Here to learn more about how Anna Hopkins-Arnold’s scientific training as an engineer and a biology professor helped prepare her to be a careful and methodical researcher with creative solutions to complex genealogy problems.
- Member of the Association of Professional Genealogists (APG)
- founding member of the Global Alliance of Genealogy Professionals
- Member National Genealogy Society (NGS)
- Member New England Historical and Genealogical Society (NEHGS)
- Member Southwest Colorado Genealogical Society
© A. Hopkins Arnold of Rootfinders Genealogy Research 2011-2015 – all rights reserved